How to survive planning your wedding
How to survive planning your wedding
Before we delve deeper in to what to do and what not do to when planning your wedding, the very first thing to remember is to keep calm. I know, sometimes easier said than done, right? Humour me just for a minute though!
When planning your wedding, the very first thing you need to do is to take care of yourself. This is especially important the closer your wedding date gets.
Here are a few tips for de-stressing when planning your wedding:
- Jenene from The Finest Detail advises Brides and Grooms to allow plenty of time to plan your wedding, don't rush it. Many venues (as well as other suppliers) get booked up very quickly and sometimes up to two years in advance, so this way if you have your heart set on somewhere, you won't be disappointed.
- If you're unsure where to start looking for ideas, start with Pinterest. You can show this to your suppliers and this will give them an idea of the wedding that you envision. Check out The Finest Detail's Pinterest boards here for some inspiration or browse our pins here. From there, you can save them to your own boards and start getting some ideas together for your big day!
- If you and your fiancé are getting stressed, take a break. For an hour, a day or a weekend. Take some time for just the two of you to relax and be together. But take note, NO wedding talk is allowed!
- Have a budget and stick to it the best you can. It can be very easy to get carried away and you really don't want to start your married life with a huge debt over you. Jenene also suggests keeping a spreadsheet so that you can keep track of your spending. A wedding planner can help you keep within your budget and advise on costs.
- Go away for a weekend. Or even just for one day or one night. Enjoy each others company, remember why you are together and why you are getting married. Sometimes, not doing something is just as important as doing it. An you'll probably find that when you do come back to organising that guest list, or searching for the perfect wedding venue, you'll see things clearer and with a new outlook on it.
- Block out a few hours per day or per week just for you, remember all those things you loved to do before you were planning a wedding? Do those. Read a book, go for a run, watch your favourite tv shows or catch up with friends.
- Let go and let your vendors do their job. When you meet with potential wedding vendors, choose people with credibility, professionalism and people you can trust. Lean on your wedding vendors, it's what they are there for. Wedding Planners are fabulous, whether it's full planning of the day, to source a list of potential vendors for you or on the day co-ordination. Trust in yourself, your choices and let them help to create your perfect wedding day.
If you'd like some more information from Jenene at The Finest Detail, pop on over to her website or give her a call on 07909 536 215. (Pssst.. let Jenene know we sent you and you will receive a fab 10% off any wedding collection. PLUS if you book both The Finest Detail and Notton House Photography, we'll also give you a 10% discount off your photography package - worth up to £500!)
Wedding Day Schedule
Deciding on timings for the big day can be one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning. Here at Notton House Photography, we work with you to create a wedding day schedule that works perfectly for you. We liaise with your wedding planner and venue to create a timeline that gives you the best of everything - enough time to eat, have photographs taken and and enjoy time with your wedding guests!
Create a list of roles for your Bridesmaids, Best Man, Ushers and Maid of Honour. It may seem a little controlling at first, but your bridal party will actually be grateful for it! For many people, it will be their first time at being such an important part of someone else's big day, and they will appreciate knowing what to do in advance!
Our Brides gives us a list of their Bridesmaids & Groomsmen along with their contact numbers before the wedding day. This way, if anything should come up on the wedding day they can deal with it and let you relax and joy your special day.